Let us set the tone: It is a Friday night, fireplace is on, cups of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows are fixed. Your favorite pumpkin spice, cranberry, brown sugar, or whatever your favorite candle scent is filling the room and you settle down on your sofa with a nice sherpa blanket but what do you watch?
Here is a list of some of my favorite Halloween movies (most may be Disney but hey it is the kid in me):
- Hocus Pocus- This is my all time favorite Halloween movie. I think I watch it just about everyday the entire month of October. It sets the tone for me. I am not a big scary movie person, which you’ll be able to tell as you see my list lol but I do love movies that set the tone for the season and this just so happens to be my favorite. Story of three Salem Witches, starring Bette Midler, Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy. I’m sure everyone has seen it but if you have not, it is a must watch.
- Twitches (1&2)- I hated this movie as a child. I was super scary and it scared me lol but now that I am an adult I love it. Starring Tia Mowry Hardrict and and Tamera Mowry Howsley, it is about twin witches that save their kingdom from the forces of darkness.
- Halloweentown- All of them are great! A teenage witch in training, need I say more?
- Smart House- This movie seems to only come on during Halloween, I would not think of it as just a movie to watch during that time but I love it. A family wins a smart house that later grows obsessed with the family.
- October Kiss- This is a Hallmark movie. I tend to keep it recording year round. I love, love stories. This is about a lady that becomes the nanny of a family and falls in love with the dad. It is Halloween themed since it took place during Halloween time.
This is a list of my favorited Halloween movies. I think I’ll do a post about my favorite Hallmark movies soon. In the meantime, tell me your favorite Halloween/Fall inspired movies.